Часовой пояс: UTC

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Professor green selling weed
СообщениеДобавлено: 09 июн 2024, 15:55 
Раздал: 0 байт
Скачал: 0 байт
Ратио: Inf.

===>>GO TO THE STORE<<===

п»їProfessor Green is no longer pro-green.
Professor Green certainly isn’t a stranger to cannabis. The rapper, who’s real name is Stephen Manderson, smoked his first joint aged 11, began dealing the drug at 16, and smoked daily until he was 24.
But much has changed since Professor Green’s career took off, and these days the 33-year-old says the drug makes him paranoid.
In BBC Three’s new documentary Is It Time To Legalise Weed?, Pro Green sets out on a journey that takes him from drug-stash robbers on the streets to senior politicians in Westminster, to discover “what weed is now".
Because, in the years since Pro Green left dealing behind, everything about the world of weed has been transformed.
Today, it's estimated that around 270 tonnes of cannabis are consumed annually in the UK, with a 2014 study showing that almost as many teenagers and young adults smoke marijuana as cigarettes.
Cannabis is currently categorised as a class B drug in the UK, which means possession carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison, and supply and production as much as 14 years.
But, with the trade worth almost ВЈ1 billion there are plenty of people willing to get their hands dirty in the cannabis market.
“No one wants to be illegal,” one dealer, known as Mr X, tells Pro Green. But, he says, “I’m gonna have to pay for my daughter to drive, buy things for my son for football. I need to be able to cover all them things without worrying.”
Some people are willing to go to serious lengths to get their hands on a piece of the pie.
Pro Green finds weed dealers facing robbery, stabbings and disfigurement, with rivals more afraid of each other than of the police.
Meanwhile, since the 1980s, stronger and more harmful strands of cannabis have grown in popularity in the UK, with skunk now the most widely available variety of weed in Britain.
But without any regulation of marijuana cultivation, consumers often don't know just how powerful the psychoactive effects of the weed they're buying may be.
“It’s like with alcohol,” says Celia Morgan, a psycho-pharmacologist. “If people were drinking tequila at the rate they were drinking wine, then they’d have more negative effects. That’s the situation we have with cannabis.”
Governments around the world, including Canada and parts of the USA, are experimenting with cannabis legalisation in an attempt to combat the violence and lack of regulation that comes with criminal activity.
And some senior politicians in the UK are calling for a comprehensive policy change in response to what they see as the complete failure of current drug laws.
So, is legalisation the way to go?
Well, not necessarily.
At a Marijuana Anonymous meeting, one recovering user tells Pro Green, “I’ve done all of the drugs, and it was weed that brought me to my knees, weed that really got me to a point where I started to think, 'F*** it, should I just do myself in?'”
Pro Green hears stories of cannabis addiction breaking up relationships, driving people to suicidal thoughts and pushing people into physically dangerous situations.
The rapper reflects on his own emotional history and past reliance on cannabis. He wonders if perhaps his use of the drug was also a form of escapism.
If the drug were legalised, he asks, would we just see more of this? Would there just be more people using it to self-medicate for emotional and mental health issues?
For the millions of people who smoke weed in the UK - and those who grow or sell it - the consequences of legalisation could be dramatic.
A substance that can have highly detrimental effects on people's lives would suddenly become accessible on the high street.
But the crime and lack of quality control that come with an unregulated market would likely be significantly reduced.
There's a lot at stake in getting this right.

bishop's weed medicinal
buy weed in illinois
how to get medical marijuana card in rhode island
where to buy marijuana rochester ny
joanna lumley northern lights watch online
selling weed trimmings
weed seed shop tenerife
where to get medical marijuana card in tucson
toffee tastic girl scout cookies price
bringing weed across the mexican border
electronic shisha pen price in pakistan
gelato shops in charlotte nc